Your selected question

Q: I have fully comprehensive car insurance, can I drive another vehicle?


Please check your certificate of motor insurance to clarify this.

If offered as part of your policy, Third Party Liability whilst you are driving another vehicle is available except when:

  • the vehicle belongs to you or is hired to you under a hire purchase agreement
  • you are insured under a separate insurance policy
  • the vehicle is being driven to secure its release following seizure by, or on behalf of, any government or public authority
  • the vehicle is being driven outside Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands
  • it is a vehicle that your current Certificate does not allow you to drive

Note: You will not be covered for any loss of or damage to the vehicle you are driving.

You should also read the Third Party Liability section of the policy.
For clarification, please contact our Customer Contact Centre on 03457 46 46 46^.

^Call charges

Would you like to rate this answer?

Not at all helpful
Very helpful