Your selected question

Q: I have fully comprehensive car insurance, can I drive another vehicle?


You’re allowed to drive other cars if it is shown on your certificate of motor insurance.

Where allowed, you’ll only be covered for third party liability, which means you won’t be covered for loss of, or damage to, the car you’re driving.

If offered as part of your policy, you are not covered if:

  • the car belongs to you, or is hired to you under a hire purchase agreement
  • you're insured under a separate insurance policy
  • the vehicle is being driven to secure its release following seizure by, or on behalf of, any government or public authority
  • the vehicle is being driven outside Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands

For clarification, please contact our Customer Contact Centre on 03457 46 46 46^.

^Call charges

Would you like to rate this answer?

Not at all helpful
Very helpful