Your selected question

Q: Do I get European cover as standard?


All our policies provide the minimum compulsory liability insurance required in any country that is a member of the European Union (EU), and if you buy your car insurance from this website or over the phone, the policy provides comprehensive cover throughout the EU and certain associated countries for up to 8 days in any policy year.

If you need an extension to this you can opt to add Extended Foreign Use to your policy, this will increase this to unlimited trips for up to 90 days per trip.

If you're an existing policy holder please contact our Customer Contact Centre on 03457 46 46 46^ to add Extended Foreign Use insurance. If you're looking for a new policy please use the online quote tool and add European Cover as an optional extra.

If you buy Co-op Car Insurance from a price comparison website (our Ecoinsurance), you automatically get 30 days European cover, and can add additional days on request by calling 0344 412 2101^.

^Call charges

Would you like to rate this answer?

Not at all helpful
Very helpful