Your selected question

Q: Do I need a Green Card?


If you plan to drive in Europe on or after 12 April you may need a Green Card, depending on the outcome of Brexit.

Call us two weeks before your trip on 03457 46 46 46^ to get one before you travel or use our live chat service.

Chat now

What’s a Green Card?

A Green Card is an international certificate of insurance that:

  • the EU and other associated countries recognise
  • allows you to drive across international borders
  • enables victims of accidents involving foreign-registered vehicles to make compensation claims.

Where do I need to use it?

You‘ll need your Green Card to drive your car in the EU and other associated countries. You’ll also need it for any other countries listed in your policy documents.

Where can I find out more about Green Cards?

Visit the Association of British Insurers’ website.

^Call charges

Would you like to rate this answer?

Not at all helpful
Very helpful