Your selected question

Q: Am I covered for misfuelling?


If you realise you've put the wrong fuel in your car (diesel instead of petrol, or vice-versa), don't start the car, as it will cause serious damage to your car’s engine.

If you have Co-op Insurance Breakdown Cover, we'll recover your car to the nearest garage, where the wrong fuel can be drained from the tank at your own expense.

Alternatively, you can report the incident as a claim, and we'll deal with the removal of fuel, or damage to the engine – please note that in this event your excess will apply and your No Claim Discount would be affected.

Would you like to rate this answer?

Not at all helpful
Very helpful