How do I transfer ownership of my car if it's been written-off or stolen?

The law requires you to let the DVLA know if you transfer ownership of your car to our salvage agents if your car is stolen and not recovered, or written-off.

You can do this online.

If you do not have internet access, you can transfer the car to our salvage agents by sending Section 9 of the V5C registration document to:

DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1BD.

The transfer of ownership details you’ll need are:

Copart UK, Acrey Fields, Woburn Road, Wooton, MK43 9EJ.

Would you like to rate this answer?

Not at all helpful
Very helpful