Your selected question

Q: Will you insure my bicycle?


Yes, our contents insurance will give you cover in respect of the insured perils (such as fire, theft, and malicious damage) for a bicycle at home. Note that there is a limit of £2000 for theft of contents from outbuildings and a limit of £500 for loss or damage occuring in the garden.

If you need more cover and if you wish to insure the bicycle away from home, and your bicycle is worth less than £1,000, you will need to add unspecified personal possessions cover to your policy.

Note that loss of any bicycle left in a public space will not be covered unless it is locked to a fixed point.

If your bike is worth between £1,000 and £2,500 you will need to add it as a specified personal possession. To do this, please call our Customer Contact Centre on 03457 46 46 46^.

^Call charges

Would you like to rate this answer?

Not at all helpful
Very helpful