Your selected question

Q: Do I pay an excess if I make a claim on my home insurance?


You can choose an excess of £50, £100, £150 or £300 which will apply to claims under the buildings and contents sections. A £1,000 excess will apply to any claim for subsidence, heave of the site or landslip under the buildings insurance option. An excess of £50 will apply for loss of or damage to property under all other sections.

There is an excess of £50 for personal possessions. £250 on Legal Expenses (for nuisance and trespass claims), but no excess payable for HomeRescue Plus.

Would you like to rate this answer?

Not at all helpful
Very helpful