Your selected question

Q: What do I do if my passport is lost or stolen abroad?


You should report any loss or thefts of passports to the local police in the country you’re in as soon as possible. You’ll need the crime reference details they provide for the LS01 Lost or Stolen Passport Notification form (PDF - 200KB) .

You should also report the loss or theft to the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) embassy, consulate or high commission of the country you’re in. You can get details of your local FCO office wherever you are from the FCO website or by calling +20 7008 1500^ (0870 606 0290^ within the UK). The FCO will issue you with replacement travel documents so you can travel back to the UK.

^Call charges

Would you like to rate this answer?

Not at all helpful
Very helpful