Your selected question

Q: What should I do if the travel company goes bust?


If your tour operator goes into administration contact The Civil Aviation Authority, who should be able to protect you under their ATOL scheme for flight-based packages.

For other packages contact ABTA. If your airline is unable to offer your flight due to insolvency or financial failure, your policy covers you for Scheduled Airline failure. See the Scheduled Airline Failure Section of your policy wording for more information.

Your policy also covers you for Supplier Insolvency, in case of financial failure or insolvency of hotel chains, car hire operators, ferry operators, coach operators and train operators. See the Supplier Insolvency Section of the policy wording for specific exclusions and limitations.

If you're abroad and are trying to get home, just call us on +44 330 400 1626^ and we can extend your cover until you return to the UK.

If you're yet to travel and would like cover for an alternative holiday, just call us on 0330 400 1626^ within 30 days of the travel company going into administration, and we will do our best to move your insurance to cover your new travel dates.

^Call charges

Would you like to rate this answer?

Not at all helpful
Very helpful